Carlo Ancelotti refuses to risk 'fit' Cristiano Ronaldo
Updated On: 30 November, 2013 04:32 AM IST | AFP
Carlo Ancelotti has revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo will play not par in Real Madrid's Liga game against Valladolid on Saturday because he is unwilling to take any risks with the Ballon d'Or contender.
The Portugal international picked up a thigh injury in Madrid's 5-0 away win over Almeria last week and consequently missed the Champions League win against Galatasaray.

Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo leaves the pitch after suffering an injury against Almeria recently
Ronaldo was initially expected to return to the match squad for this weekend's encounter with Valladolid, but Ancelotti has announced that the 28-year-old will remain on the sidelines.
"Ronaldo is fully recovered. He took part in training, but did not look entirely comfortable. That's why we have decided not to take any risks," Ancelotti said at a press conference. "Angel Di Maria will take his place against Valladolid."
ADVERTISEMENT
Poll
Who will win the Punjab Elections?
The Italian then went on to dismiss suggestions that he's unhappy with Sergio Ramos following the defender's red card against Galatasaray on Wednesday.
"I don't have a problem with Sergio and he doesn't have a problem with me," the Italian declared. "I only told him to watch the space behind him on the pitch. It was a tactical chat. "Would we take €65 million for Ramos? No. He is one of the best centre-backs in the world and we need him. He brings quality and experience."
Ancelotti also briefly discussed the future of Fabio Coentrao, who was close to joining Manchester United during the summer transfer window, and stressed that the Portuguese will not be allowed to depart the Spanish capital.
"Coentrao will not leave Madrid in January," the former Chelsea boss stated. "He asked us to be allowed to leave in the summer and we told him that we wanted him to stay. He has not asked for a transfer again." Coentrao, 25, has a contract with Madrid until June 2017.
Trending Stories
Latest Web Stories
Latest Photos
06 August, 2026 08:34 PM IST | In Photos: Hiroshima Day Silent Peace March 2026
Preshit Deorukhkar
17 December, 2025 11:56 AM IST | IN PHOTOS: MLAs at Vidhan Bhavan during Maharashtra Legislative Council polls
Asif Ali Sayed
09 September, 2024 09:32 PM IST | IN PHOTOS: People in Mumbai celebrate Gauri Puja during Ganeshotsav
Asif Ali Sayed
09 September, 2024 09:13 PM IST | IN PHOTOS: Mumbai witnesses sunny weather as rains take a break
Asif Ali Sayed
Latest Videos
ADVERTISEMENT
Mid-day Fast
Latest Headlines
12 August, 2026 07:33 PM IST | Oshin Fernandes
10 August, 2026 07:17 PM IST | Test Tushar
10 August, 2026 11:49 AM IST | Makepeace Sitlhou
06 August, 2026 08:34 PM IST | Preshit Deorukhkar